The first 24 hours after surgery are the hardest time ...
The first 24 hours after surgery are the hardest time to recover. In the first week, the effect of anesthetic drugs has not disappeared. At this time, you may experience some headaches, swelling, bruising, and nosebleeds. At this time, it is best to rest and use the doctor's prescribed painkillers. Here are all the tips you should follow after rhinoplasty.
1) The best time to take a bath after rhinoplasty is as follows:
- In the first week after 3 days, take a shower on the lower body.
- Take a full shower before going to the office to remove the plaster and stitches.
2) Use a cold compress around the nose and under the eyes for at least 48 hours after the operation to reduce bruising and swelling.
3) After the first 48 hours, use another warm compress for another 48 hours.
4) Use mixed and soft liquids and foods for up to 48 hours. Avoid foods and fruits that need to be chewed, such as carrots, apples, and so on.
5) After rhinoplasty, air travel is not recommended in the first days.
6) Sneeze or cough with your mouth open so that no pressure is applied to your nose.
7) Avoid pinching and pressing on the nose as it may cause bleeding.
8) Avoid laughing and talking a lot in the first few weeks.
9) Avoid eating salt.
10) Do not neglect foods that are useful for reducing facial swelling. Pineapple, aloe vera and celery juice can help reduce facial swelling. To improve the taste of celery juice, you can mix it with carrot juice.
11) When resting and sleeping, put a few pillows under your head. For the night's sleep, put 2 pillows on the left and right of your head and sleep on your back. (Up to 2 weeks)
12) Use a soft toothbrush.
13) Glasses or sunglasses should not be used for up to two months. You can use contact lens instead of them.
14) Avoid lowering your head and lifting heavy objects for the first few weeks, as well as intense sports activities.
15) Reducing swelling and sticking the skin of the nose to the skeleton will be time consuming, so the swelling on both sides of your nose will definitely be different, even if both sides are the same. So don't worry about it.
16) Taping is to reduce swelling and sticking the skin of the nose to the skeleton, so be careful about how to tape the nose.
17) In the first days and months after rhinoplasty, the shape of your nose is not very clear, so do not allow other people to judge you (wait at least 2 to 5 months)